Links zum Thema Gottwärts / Nearer my God to thou
External web links (engl.)
Audio- und Videolinks
- ⚡ Audio lectures by Frederick Philip Lenz, III, Ph.D. (Rama) (1950-1998) US American spiritual teacher, The Lakshmi Series, Lenz Foundation for American Buddhism, 1982-1983
First public set of 30 recorded talks on basic topics (living and working in the world to the four principal yogas; the Buddhist paramitas of purity, humility, working for the welfare of others; dreaming, enlightenment of women, American mysticism) for students of American Buddhism
- Introductory and Intermediate Meditation, 1 hour 1 minutes duration
Now, in meditation what we do is something original. We experience God. That is to say, we experience that essence of existence from which we have come forth, which sustains us and to which we will eventually return.
- Purity, 31 minutes duration
Purity is light. Not just an ordinary light that we see in the physical universe, but a transcendental light. Without purity it’s impossible to realize God.
- Humility, 30 minutes duration
Humility is the conscious awareness and acceptance of eternity as your own body. Humility is the time that you spend in love – in love with existence itself.
- The Yoga of Love, 1 hour 1 minutes duration
Love is the easiest and most effective way to begin our search for self realization, for our selves.
- The Yoga of Selfless Giving, 1 hour 3 minutes duration
The reason you're not happy, the reason the world lacks peace, is that we lack the happiness that comes from self-giving.
- The Yoga of Discrimination, 1 hour 2 minutes duration
There are four major paths to self realization. Jnana yoga is the graduate school of self-discovery.
- The Yoga of Mysticism and Power, 1 hour 2 minutes duration
Mysticism is the hidden way. The mystic practices the art of intentionality.
- Spiritual Absorption, 31 minutes duration
The purpose of life is to be absorbed in spirit. Spirit is an undefinable reality that exists within us, around us and beyond us.
- Nirvana, 29 minutes duration
Nirvana is not a time or a place or a dimension, although it includes times and dimensions and places.
- Death and Reincarnation, 1 hour 1 minutes duration
Today I would like to share with you a few thoughts on the subject of your death and the experience of death and rebirth.
- Samadhi and The Supraconscious States, 1 hour 8 minutes duration
I'd like to consider with you what the nature of samadhi is, and try and gain an understanding of not only why an individual seeks to go into samadhi, and how that occurs, but what the result of this process is.
- The Caretaker Personality, 53 minutes duration
In the process of meditation, we find that we are not one continuous personality, we are not a body, that what our real being is, is light.
- The Tibetan Rebirth Process, 1 hour 4 minutes duration
So what I would like to attempt to do in the next hour is to talk with you about Tibetan yoga, as it was practiced hundreds of years ago.
- Living and Working In The World, 1 hour 10 minutes duration
The greatest challenge awaiting you is living and working in the world.
- Pleasure, Pain and The Senses, 57 minutes duration
Our journey today concerns illusion, the nature of illusion and the way out of illusion.
- How To Achieve Spiritual Balance, 44 minutes duration
The way to achieve spiritual balance is without trying. Spiritual balance is something that all of us innately are.
- The Subtle Physical Body, 56 minutes duration
The subtle physical body is composed of strands or luminous fibers of energy that interconnect different planes and times.
- Women / Men and Self Realization, 54 minutes duration
It is easier for women to attain spiritual liberation than it is for men to do so.
- Inaccessibility and Attachment, 44 minutes duration
Attachment creates pain and frustration. Attachment is the thing that we seek to overcome in self-discovery.
- Spiritual Experiences, Dreams and Visions, 56 minutes duration
The most common type of spiritual experience is the one that you're having at the moment. We call it life.
- Zen, Taoism and Buddhism, 42 minutes duration
Today I'd like to talk to you about these ways, not so much from an historical perspective, but from the perspective of one who, in other lifetimes, has practiced and taught these three ways.
- The Occult Body, Auras and The Chakras, 47 minutes duration
The occult body is a field of attention. It's an avenue of awareness. It's a wind tunnel that connects the different realities.
- Spiritual Teachers and The Enlightenment Process, 56 minutes duration
I would like to address what I consider to be the most difficult topic for a person who seeks enlightenment to deal with.
- Advanced Meditation, 56 minutes duration
In advanced meditation we not only pass through other planes of consciousness or awareness but we become them.
- Dreaming, 58 minutes duration
You are a dream. You are a dream of eternal consciousness in the waking state.
- Gods, Goddesses and Carrier Beings, 51 minutes duration
Today I'd like to talk with you about some of the different types of beings that you as a spiritual seeker will encounter on your journey to enlightenment.
- Dharma and Karma, 54 minutes duration
Dharma is the truth. Dharma is the truth throughout the ages.
- Tantra and The Left-Handed Path, 44 minutes duration
There are dark and gloomy days in the path to self-discovery. There are days when it seems that we'll never be able to see the truth.
- Liberation and Self Realization, 46 minutes duration
Self realization is liberation. Liberation is self realization. There is no beginning and there is no end.
- Tantric Mysticism, 47 minutes duration
Everything is one. There’s only one eternal reality. Yet there are two.
Set of 13 recorded crest jewel talks on self realization, meditation, enlightenment, Vedanta, Tibetan Buddhism, mystic teachings described by Carlos Castaneda
- Modular Mysticism: Storing Power, 43 minutes duration
In the practice of mysticism there are four stages.
- Modular Mysticism: Seeing, 44 Seeing is the ability to tell what really is.-'
- Instant Enlightenment, 44 minutes duration
How can you tell when you're enlightened?
- Sophisticated Sexuality, 1 hour 13 minutes duration
Today is eternity. In eternity there is only awareness.
- Modular Mysticism: Dress For Power, 46 minutes duration
The way you dress is extremely important because it demonstrates the impeccability of your spirit.
- Spiritual Crossroads, 1 hour 9 minutes duration
Tonight my interest specifically is the crossroads that we come to once one has reached the point where there is no other alternative but self-discovery.
- How To Make Friends With God, 43 minutes duration
God doesn't speak through words or thoughts, God doesn't speak. God is silent.
- The Non-Doing of Meditation, 45 minutes duration
Consider what it is that you're trying to do. Not so much why, because I think the why eludes us all.
- Why Don't More Women Attain Enlightenment?, 1 hour 12 minutes duration
If this one important subject can be correctly understood, we will understand all subjects, whereas if we fail to understand this one subject, we will fail to understand any subject.
- Love – The Fourth Level of Ecstasy, 1 hr 56 minutes duration
I have spent my whole life studying love. Love has been the only thing that's ever really excited me in this world.
- Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrine, 1 hour 44 minutes duration
The suggestion is that instead of staying with the destiny that you have now, it's possible to transcend all of that and within the structure of a lifetime to be born again many times.
- The Truth, 1 hour 15 minutes duration
Tonight I would like to talk to you a little bit about spiritual metamorphosis or transformation.
- The Sorcerer's Explanation, 1 hour 35 minutes duration
In self-discovery what we do is go inside someone and actually change their structure many, many, many times.
Set of 7 talks recorded at different power places in the United States
- Neutral Density – Continental Divide, Colorado – 46 minutes duration
Neutral density of the perpetual being – being awareness without being aware of yourself as such.
- Unity – The Big Island of Hawaii – 46 minutes duration
Making yourself available to energy, to power.
- Magic – Lake Tahoe, Nevada – 47 minutes duration
The school of awareness is the school of mysticism. Mysticism is the experience of eternity, of that which lies beyond the physical phenomenal experience.
- Electronic Tribe – Nantucket, Massachusetts – 45 minutes duration
The future, which occurred a long, long time ago, long before any of us can remember. The winds of time are blowing, the winds of change.
- Kundalini Yoga – Haleakala, Maui – 46 minutes duration
It's the first day of August in 1985, and I'm somewhere here in the middle of eternity. Topics: Kundalini yoga, the yoga of power and energy.
- Power – Continental Divide, Colorado – 45 minutes duration
You were born with a specific amount of energy. That energy came from the totality. It came from your other lives. In this lifetime, you can increase your energy or you can decrease it.
- Transcendentalism – Walden Pond, Massachusetts – 46 minutes duration
Transcendentalism answers these and other questions, not so much with verbal answers or with a singular philosophy, but by suggesting that there are layers of reality, and that the average individual only sees one or two of these layers perhaps in an entire lifetime.
Set of 18 recorded talks on classical Tantric Zen and Bodhidharma Zen for students of American Buddhism
- Personal Power, 59 minutes duration
Personal power – is something that's not necessarily visible.
- Career Success, 45 minutes duration
Next to meditation itself, I really can't think of anything more important than the development of your career – because nothing has a greater effect on your awareness level.
- Happiness, 47 minutes duration
Happiness is your life, when you let go of it a little bit more. Happiness is everything in the whole universe. It's a state of mind.
- Overcoming Stress, 56 minutes duration
Stress elimination. The koan is: Life doesn't change, but you do. The world is the world. It's different than you suppose.
- Enlightenment, 1 hour 18 minutes duration
The most noble of all pursuits is to be enlightened, to know truth, to have knowledge and yet be beyond even truth and knowledge, to be God.
- Reincarnation, 1 hour 25 minutes duration
Past lives. Future lives. Immortality. Your purpose in this lifetime. Twin souls, soul mates and karmic connections. Past life remembrances in waking states, dreams, during meditation.
- Karma, 1 hour 5 minutes duration
Karma is your own energy – the energy patterns that emanate from your life, from your actions, from your thoughts, feelings and desires, your attractions and aversions, hopes, dreams, plans and schemes – karma.
- Psychic Development, 48 minutes duration
Beyond mind, beyond time, beyond space, there's immortal awareness. The universe is a giant mind. Some people have the ability to tap into that mind. We call them psychic.
- Zazen: Concentration and Meditation, 1 hour 3 minutes duration
Zen – which means meditation, stopping thought – is about going beyond ideas to direct and immediate experiences.
- Tantric Zen, 47 minutes duration
So what is Tantric Zen? It's inside your mind. Everything is inside your mind. Even you are inside your own mind.
- Developing Willpower, 54 minutes duration
There is another possibility. One can become limitless, enlightened, aware, awakened, knowledgeable and powerful in ways that the human beings who traverse this earth cannot yet fathom.
- Managing and Increasing Your Energy, 39 minutes duration
The study of Zen is the study of energy, power, knowledge and balance. It's the science of energy conservation and control.
- Overcoming Fears, 43 minutes duration
I'd like to talk with you about overcoming your fears, whether they're small fears or large fears, fears that you're aware of or subconscious fears, fears that you don't know you have.
- Rapid Mental Development, 43 minutes duration
What do I mean by rapid mental development? Well, rapid mental development is the escalation of consciousness.
- Advanced Meditation Practices, 59 minutes duration
What do I have to say about advanced meditation? It's a feeling. It's beyond the body and beyond the mind.
- The Zen of Sports and Athletics, 44 minutes duration
Preparation of the mind. All athletics, and success in sports and athletics, from the Zen point of view, comes from the mind.
- How To Be A Successful Student, 59 minutes duration
We're taught how to live. We're given tasks, but no one ever really teaches us how to be a successful student.
- Winning, 46 minutes duration
Today our subject is winning – the Zen of winning. Now that may seem to some like a contradictory term, which is appropriate.
Set of 27 recorded talks on classical Tibetan Buddhism and numerous aspects of American culture for students of American Buddhism
- Tantric Buddhism, 37 minutes duration
We don’t believe in sin. Stupidity, yes, meaning we make ourselves or others suffer. Intelligence, yes, meaning we go beyond suffering personally or we assist others in that process.
- Six Worlds, 42 minutes duration
There are six worlds. There are countless subdivisions of the six, but there are six.
- The Mature Monk, 31 minutes duration
The eye of God is inside us. It’s looking through us and it sees whatever we look at. Sometimes I think we could give God better things to look at than the things we focus on, don’t you?
- The Natural State, 46 minutes duration
The perfect view of existence comes from an unclouded, uncluttered life and mind whereby the radiance of perfect attention of the mind of the universe floods us at every moment.
- Freedom, 1 hour 17 minutes duration
Our subject is freedom. It’s always the same. How do we become free, free from the limitations of dimensionality?
- Enlightenment, 27 minutes duration
I’ve read a lot about enlightenment and thought about it quite a bit, and I find that it doesn’t have much to do with enlightenment.
- Self-Effort, 24 minutes duration
Divinity does not require humanity’s understanding. It exists because it exists because it exists.
- Possibilities, 26 minutes duration
Astrology is the science of time and space. It is the science of karma.
- The Nexus of All Pathways, 55 minutes duration
Being on the circle of yin or yang does not necessarily mean that you will ever go beyond the circle because the source of the circle is not necessarily connected to it.
- The Path of Affirmation, 39 minutes duration
Why do we meditate? Why do we engage in practices? Why bother?
- Buddhism, 31 minutes duration
Buddhism is essentially the establishment of one’s mind in that which is ineffable.
- Computer Science, 19 minutes duration
Some people are connoisseurs of states of mind, just as some people are connoisseurs of wine, food, countries, lovers.
- The Awareness of Meditation, 33 minutes duration
Meditation is the art of breathing – breathing out and breathing in.
- Focus and Meditation, 25 minutes duration
The practice of meditation is emptying the mind. When the mind is empty, completely empty, it’s perfect meditation.
- Professional Meditation, 26 minutes duration
When a person has become used to meditating on a regular basis and the practice has become a part of your life, we reach a kind of threshold that some people don’t cross.
- The Best Meditation I Ever Had, 20 minutes duration
The best meditation I ever had, I haven’t had yet.
- Metaphysics, 40 minutes duration
The reason that you’re engaged in metaphysics is – there’s no reason, you just don’t have any choice. You couldn’t stop, no matter what you did.
- A Clean Room, 25 minutes duration
The way you keep your room clean, the way you keep your life clean, is by not letting a lot of clutter in. You keep it simple.
- The Bhagavad-Gita, 44 minutes duration
The Bhagavad Gita is a conversation between enlightenment and that which unknowingly seeks enlightenment.
- Buddhist Enlightenment, 19 minutes duration
The essence of Buddhism is simply that the mind is forever, and that there are endless states of mind.
- The Path of Negation, 33 minutes duration
But the path of negation, which is the esoteric or more advanced part of the enlightenment process, is the path of understanding. It’s the path of knowledge.
- Transience, 20 minutes duration
Everything is transient and it’s a good thing, as I said. I celebrate the transient constantly. I don’t find that sorrowful in any way.
- Peak Experiences, 32 minutes duration
What I’m teaching you is how to experience the manifold realities of mind, how to go places that very few people ever go, and you come back from those places different.
- Solstices and Equinoxes, 1 hour 3 minutes duration
There are four times of tremendous power that occur every year, and those are the solstices and the equinoxes.
- Tenacity, 33 minutes duration
An individual has to be tenacious enough to become enlightened.
- Buddhist Yoga, 38 minutes duration
Nothing lasts. Consider everything that you’ve gone through and experienced thus far.
- Light, 14 minutes duration
There is only black light, between the stars. It may seem that it’s darkness, but it’s really black light.
Set of 12 talks of essential coursework for students of American Buddhism
- Meditation, 30 minutes duration
Meditation is a process of expanding your awareness. When you meditate you get in touch with the deepest part of yourself.
- Buddhism, 29 minutes duration
The essential premise of Buddhism is that there is enlightenment, there is nirvana. Beyond this world, beyond all worlds, there is something radiant, perfect, and eternal.
- Power, 59 minutes duration
Power is the active force in life. It is the force of life that makes awareness. Power is seen in the wind, in fire, in movement, physical movement, emotional movement, mental movement.
- Balance, 30 minutes duration
Spiritual balance is the ability to be happy in spite of circumstances.
- Wisdom, 30 minutes duration
Wisdom is the ability to do two things at once. To be in the world and of it and enjoy it, participate in it fully and successfully, and at the same time to not be here at all. To be in realms of light.
- Enlightenment, 30 minutes duration
Enlightenment is the complete awareness of life without mental modification.
- Personal Happiness, 30 minutes duration
What makes us happy and what increases is contact with light. The experience of light in a very pure form, if not the purest form, always creates happiness.
- Reincarnation, 30 minutes duration
What’s interesting about reincarnation from the point of view of the more advanced soul is how the process works.
- Career Success, 30 minutes duration
Unless you use work in a Tantric way. Unless you use work as a way of advancing yourself. And that’s how I define career success.
- Miracles Playing, 30 minutes duration
Miracles. I like miracles. They inspire me. Miracles cause you to believe, to have faith in the unseen, to look further into things, deeper into things.
- Intermediate Meditation, 1 hour duration
Then, in the intermediate stage, it's an opening, a deepening of one's awareness but with a focus towards the planes of light.
- The Enlightenment Cycle, 32 minutes duration
Enlightenment is the complete awareness of life without any mental modifications. It is perfect light, light that has always existed, exists now and will always exist.
Audio and video links (engl.)