Links zum Thema Werbung / Advertisement
- Dr. Daniel Kahneman (*1934) israelisch-amerikanischer Professor für Psychologie, Kognitionswissenschaftler zu Urteilsheuristiken und kognitiven Verzerrungen, Nobelpreisträger in Wirtschaft, 2002, Schnelles Denken, langsames Denken, Siedler Verlag, 23. Auflage 21. Mai '''2012'
- Peter Bartels, deutscher Chefredakteur der BILD-Zeitung (1989-1992), Autor, BILD – Ex-Chefredakteur enthüllt die Wahrheit über den Niedergang einer einst großen Zeitung, Kopp Verlag, 1. Auflage 25. Februar 2016''
- Kenneth Roman (*1930) US American former CEO of advertising agency Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, author, Joel Raphaelson, US American legendary adman, Writing That Works. How to Communicate Effectively In Business, original publication, 1981, Collins Reference, 3rd revised edition 22. August 2000
- Noam Chomsky (*1928) US American professor emeritus of linguistics, philosopher, cognitive scientist, social activist, author, Edward S. Herman (1925-2017) US American professor emeritus of finance, Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania, Manufacturing Consent. The Political Economy of the Mass Media, Pantheon Books, New York, 1988, Vintage, paperback issue 20. April 1995
The media uses five propaganda-based filters to support the ruling elites:
1. Ownership for profit,
3. Elite complicity,
4. Attacking alternative narratives,
5. Creating diversionary boogie men.
- Jean Kilbourne (*1943) US American feminist cultural theorist, activist, filmmaker, speaker, author, Can't Buy My Love. How Advertising Changes the Way We Think and Feel, Free Press, 2. November 2000
- Gerald Rosen, Ph.D. (1939-2010) US American professor of English literature, educator, novelist, Cold Eye, Warm Heart. A Novelist’s Search for Meaning (autobiography), Calm Unity Press, 1. February 2009
- Brian Anse Patrick, Ph.D., US American professor of communictation, University of Toledo, The Ten Commandments of Propaganda, Goatpower Publishing, Kindle e-book, Amazon Digital Services, 7. October 2011
External web links (engl.)
- Blog article featuring Sharyl Attkisson (*1961) US American investigative correspondent in the Washington bureau for CBS News (1993-2014), journalist, author, CBS News Investigative Journalist Explains How Mainstream Media Brainwashes The Masses, presented by Starship Earth: The Big Picture, 15. November 2015
- Study by British researchers Samantha Bradshaw, Philip N. Howard, Challenging Truth and Trust: A Global Inventory of Organized Social Media Manipulation, PDF, 26 pages, presented by the Computational Propaganda Research Project, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 20. July 2018
Audio- und Videolinks
- Videopräsentation von Dr. phil. Daniele Ganser danieleganser.ch (*1972) Schweizer Historiker, Universität St. Gallen, NATO-Kenner, Experte für verdeckte geostrategische Kriegsführung, Energie- und Friedensforscher, Gründer und Leiter von Swiss Institute for Peace and Energy Research (SIPER) (*2011), Dr Daniele Ganser. Die Wahrheit. Wie funktioniert Propaganda?, Thun, Schweiz, 7. September 2012, YouTube Film, 14:43 Minuten Dauer, eingestellt 15. Februar 2014
Audio and video links (engl.)
- Audio interview with Diane Levin, Ph.D., US American co-author of So Sexy So Soon, So Sexy So Soon, presented by the US American web radio station Talk to Tara.com, host Tara, MP3, 30:00 minutes duration, 2008
- Video presentation by Michael Tsarion, Irish macrohistorian, symbolist, sidereal astrologer, mythologist, occultist, "conspiracy" researcher, public speaker, author, Age of Manipulation, part 3, presented by Lexxtex 318, YouTube film, 4:06:46 duration, posted 12. June 2012
- Video presentation by Satvinder "Sut" Jhally (*1955) Kenyan-English professor of communication, cultural studies scholar in advertising, media, and consumption, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Advertising and the End of the World, sponsored by the American University of Beirut, The Media and Digital Literacy Academy of Beirut, MDLAB 2014, recorded 13. August 2014 YouTube film, 1:19:19 duration, posted 20. August 2014
- Video presentation by Sharyl Attkisson (*1961) US American investigative correspondent in the Washington bureau for CBS News (1993-2014), journalist, author, Astroturf and manipulation of media messages, presented by TEDx Talks, sponsored by University of Nevada, YouTube film, minute 3:58 referencing Wikipedia turf wars,10:36 minutes duration, posted 6. February 2015
Fake grassroots movements (AstroTurf) funded by political, corporate, or other special interests very effectively manipulate and distort media messages.
Audio and video links (engl.) – Jean Kilbourne
- Video presentation by Jean Kilbourne (*1943) US American feminist cultural theorist, activist, filmmaker, speaker, author, Killing Us Softly 3 Advertising's Image of Women, presented by the Media Education Foundation, YouTube film, 6:36 minutes duration, first posted 29. April 2006, reposted 19. June 2009
- Video TV interview with Jean Kilbourne (*1943) US American feminist social theorist, filmmaker, speaker, author, Diane Levin, Ph.D., US American co-author of So Sexy So Soon, So Sexy So Soon, presented by the Media Education Foundation, TV program TODAY, YouTube film, aired 6. August 2008, 5:52 minutes duration, posted 12. August 2008
- Video / audio presentation by Jean Kilbourne (*1943) US American feminist social theorist, filmmaker, speaker, author, Diane Levin, Ph.D., US American co-author, So Sexy So Soon. The New Sexualized Childhood, presented by the WGBH Forum Network, presented by Free Lecture Videos, location "Simmons College", 62:09 minutes duration, posted 20. November 2008
- Video presentation by Jean Kilbourne (*1943) US American feminist cultural theorist, activist, filmmaker, speaker, author, The dangerous ways ads see women, presented by TEDx Talks, LafayetteCollege, YouTube film, 15:50 minutes duration, posted 8. May 2014
Documentaries and movies (engl.)
- Award winning British television documentary film The Century of the Self, researched and written by Adam Curtis (*1955) British BAFTA winning documentarian, television producer, director, narrator, writer, produced by the British TV channel BBC Four, 2002, presented by BBB.Co.UK, produced 2002, 240 minutes duration, posted in 2006
1. Happiness Machines, 17. March 2002
2. The Engineering of Consent, 24. March 2002
3. There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads: He Must Be Destroyed, 31. March 2002
4. Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering, 7. April 2002
Adam Curtis: "This series is about how those in power have used Freud's theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy."
- Video documentary Edward Bernays and the Art of Public Manipulation, YouTube film, 8:56 minutes duration, posted 22. August 2009
- North Korean documentary titled Propaganda, Axis Of Evil – Documentary Of Zionists, Israel, United States, Canada, Britain, YouTube film, 1:35:04 duration, posted 11. November 2012
Modern political propaganda began in Britain with George Creel. Minute 40:36
American pioneer of propaganda aka public relations, and political marketing Edward Bernays believed that America's public opinion must be engineered from above by society's due masters. Minute 42:26
The Freud dynasty – largely associated with the Tavistock Institute in London – influenced the way corporations and governments have analyzed, dealt with, and controlled people: Sigmund Freud, founder of psychoanalysis; Anna Freud, Freud's devoted mind-massaged daughter, Edward Bernays, inventor of public relations; Matthew Freud, present-day PR guru and Sigmund's great grandson