Es ist Mitternacht. Ein Mann auf der Straße sucht im Lichtkegel einer Straßenlaterne nach seinem Hausschlüssel. Ein Passant bietet ihm seine Hilfe an. Nach einiger Zeit erfolgloser Suche fragt er den Pechvogel:
"Wo haben Sie Ihren Schlüssel denn verloren?"
"Er ist mir vor dem Hauseingang aus der Hand gerutscht."
"Warum suchten Sie ihn dann nicht vor der Haustür?"
"Vor dem Haus ist es so finster, und hier auf der Straße ist besseres Licht."
Zitate zum Thema Licht und Leuchten / Light
Mache dich auf, werde licht! denn dein Licht kommt! Jesaja 60, 1 (AT)
Gott ist Licht und keine Finsternis ist in ihm. 1. Johannes 1, 5 (NT)
Abschiedsworte eines Dichters: Diese letzten Worte Goethes wurden von seinem Arzt Carl Vogel überliefert. Sie sind jedoch umstritten, weil der Arzt in Goethes Sterbeminute nicht im Zimmer anwesend war. Goethe war ein entschiedener Nichtchrist ["Sehe jeder, wie er's treibe."]
Nur fünf Tage vor seinem Tod schrieb Goethe folgenden Satz in einem Brief an Wilhelm von Humboldt: "Verwirrende Lehre zu verwirrendem Handeln waltet über die Welt."
- Jeder Tag ist ein Tag Deines Lebens, ob er glücklich wird, hängt nicht so sehr von den äußeren Umständen ab, als vielmehr von der Durchlässigkeit für das innerste Licht Deines Wesens. Romano Guardini (1885-1968) italienischer katholischer Religionsphilosoph, Theologe, Autor, Quelle unbekannt
- Ein Licht, das von innen her leuchtet, kann niemand auslöschen. Weisheit aus Kuba
- Das Licht ist die größte Priesterin der Landschaft. Geschickt wählt es sich unauffällige Ort, Feldränder, die Schattenschleier gewisser Sträucher, die kantige und Präsenz der Steine; es kann hinter eine Steinmauer schlüpfen und Lücken zwischen den Steinen in goldene Fenster verwandeln.
An Winterabenden kann das Licht einen schwarzen Baum ungeheuer plastisch hervortreten lassen. Zwar ist das Licht nicht imstande, das Erdreich zu durchdringen, kann aber von der Oberfläche aus Erinnerungen in der Tiefe aufwühlen. Wo Strahlenglanz auf die Oberfläche fällt, drängt die Tiefe wie zu einem Fenster empor.
Die Überredungskunst des Lichts schenkt uns zahlreiche Spiegel, durch die wir einen kurzen Blick in das Mysterium werfen dürfen, das in uns ruht. Manchmal schimmern im Strahlenglanz vergessene Schätze durch "irdene Gefäße". John O'Donahue (1956-2008) irischer Priester, Hegelscher Philosoph, Dichter, Schriftsteller, Schönheit. Das Buch vom Reichtum des Lebens, S. 53, dtv Verlagsgesellschaft, 1. April 2004
| Referenz: de.Wikiquote-Eintrag ► Licht|
- Es ist, als hätten alle den Verstand verloren,
sich zum Niedergang und zum Verfall verschworen,
und ein Irrlicht ist ihr Leuchtfeuer geworden.
Reinhard Mey (*1942) deutscher Musiker, populärer Vertreter der deutschen Liedermacher-Szene, Narrenschiff, 1999
Video Das Narrenschiff (live), YouTube film, 5:56 Minuten Dauer eingestellt 4. December 2006
- And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1, 2-3 (OT)
- Arise, Shine, for your light has come! Isaiah 60, 1 (AT)
- This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1. John 1, 5 (NT)
- The light shines on in the dark and the darkness understands it not. John 1, 5 (NT)
- And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3, 19 (NT)
- In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5, 16 (NT)
- Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you. Luke 11, 36 (NT) NIV
- But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1. Peter 2, 9 (NT)
- Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 1. Thessalonians 5, 5 (NT)
- Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light. Colossians 1, 12 (NT)
- For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light. Ephesians 5, 8 (NT)
- My first question when I was before the Light was "Are you God?"
I didn’t believe in God at all. The Light is really, as I know now, the oversoul matrix of our system and the sum-total of everything we have ever been to this point. It is, itself, evolving as we are evolving, so the Light seems to know you. It knows you individually and discretely because your light is a direct part of it. I call it the Great Self. When I asked the Light "Are You God?" – and the light speaks to you in a way that you will understand – the Light said to me
"Who and what is not God?" Interview with Mellen-Thomas Benedict (1949-2017) most researched US American near-death experiencer, inventor, author, Interview with Mellen-Thomas Benedict, presented by web edition of US American Wisdom Magazine, Edie Weinstein Moser, interfaith minister and social worker, 2009
- David R. Hawkins: The 12 step movement itself calibrates 540 and ⚡ Bill Griffith Wilson [Bill W.]'s experience when the room lit up calibrates extremely high [...] where the room lit up. Tell me what the experience was like? What was the experience like (addressing Susan)? Can you describe it [...] Susan had the same experience.
Susan Hawkins: What he is referring to is that I had a very high experience [LoC 600] right after Dave and I got together, and it happened to me right in the dawn right about 5 o'clock in the morning, right as you're awaking [...] a lot of spiritual experiences. [...] since I had mine, I've checked with other people and they said it happens just as you're going off to sleep and just when you're coming awake. And that's when you're usually awake enough to think Is this a dream or is this really happening, and that was my experience.
And this life changing experience [...] force of energy came through the corner of the wall, just came in the corner. There wasn't a window there. And this Light Force came in through the corner and lit up the whole room. A brilliant light as though [...] brighter than looking at the sun and it had an energy behind the light.
David R. Hawkins: Yes, that's it.
Susan Hawkins: And the Light-energy-force then went through me, just came through me and thats' when Dave and I started to do the work. So you know everybody asks us What propelled you to do the work, and that's when I knew we had to go out and share this with everyone because it's almost like this light changed everything that we [...] had my whole life. And people in AA have experienced the same thing, when all of a sudden, this brilliant life changing event happens and they know God is within you. (Susan holding back tears.)
David R. Hawkins: That's the way ⚡ Bill Wilson explained it, too.
⚡ Dr. David R. Hawkins, Sedona Seminar Practical Spirituality, DVD 1 of 3, minute 1:11:23-1:14:18, 25. October 2008
- I had a major heart attack at the ripe old age of 39, and once again I encountered the White Light. [...] thinking back to my original near-death experience and the experience I had during my open heart surgery and some other things, I've since concluded that what the white light probably is, is what we would call the totality of self, or what we probably are when we're not physical. Interview with Joseph W. McMoneagle (*1946) US American remote viewer for the U.S. Army Intelligence, Stanford Research Institute (SRI), first officer recruited for the top-secret Stargate Project, author of Mind Trek, Hampton Roads Publishing Company, 1993, Remote Viewing, presented by the Magical Blend Magazine, Jerry Snyder, issue #52, year unknown
- The Buddha said, "Those who rejoice in seeing others observe the Way will obtain great blessing."
A Sramana asked the Buddha, "Would this blessing be destroyed?"
The Buddha replied, "It is like a lighted torch whose flame can be distributed to ever so many other torches which people may bring along; and therewith they will cook food and dispel darkness, while the original torch itself remains burning ever the same. It is even so with the bliss of the Way. Buddha (563-483 BC) Indian Avatar, teacher of enlightenment, central figure of Buddhism, cited in: first Indian Buddhist sutra translated into Chinese Sutra of Forty-two Chapters, section 10, 67 AD
Lightening in Duisburg, March 2005
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
- I said: what about my eyes? He said: Keep them on the road.
I said: What about my passion? He said: Keep it burning.
I said: What about my heart? He said: Tell me what you hold inside it?
I said: Pain and sorrow. He said: Stay with it. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
Unsource quote by Jalal ad-Din Muḥammad Rumi (1207-1273) Persian Muslim Sufi mystic, jurist, theologian, poet
- What is to give light must endure burning. Viktor Frankl (1905-1997) Austrian psychiatrist, psychotherapist, neurologist, Nazi death camp survivor, meaning researcher, founder of logotherapy, source unknown
- [Paraphrased] When you go from darkness to light, it hurts your eyes.
[Alternatively] If you've been in the dark for so long, light will hurt your eyes.
Dick Gregory (1932-2017) US American comedian, social critic, social activist, entrepreneur, writer, source unknown
- Sometimes our light goes out but is blown again into flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light. Dr. Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965) German-Alsatian theologian, physician, medical missionary, philosopher, humanist, organist, author, cited in: Jack Canfield (*1944) US American motivational speaker, author, Mark Victor Hansen (*1948) US American motivational speaker, trainer, author, Chicken Soup for the Soul, S. 124, Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, 1993
- The light we're looking for is the soul's light, which isn't a reflection of the outer light, but rather a glow of the hidden gold in us from before we were born. CD Audio presentation by Michael Meade Mosaicvoices.org US American storyteller, mythologist, ritualist, spokesman in the men's movement, author, Audio CD The Light Inside Dark Times, presented by MosaicVoices.org, Mosaic Audio, 1st edition 15. July 2009
- Many spiritual people anticipate the return of White Light to the planet. They imagine that it will come in the form of a unique individual like Buddha, Jesus or Mohammed. However, from my newly acquired spirituality I see that White Light will only return to the planet when every human being recognizes every other human being as an individual frequency of the White Light. Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D. (*1944) US American developmental new cellular biologist, former associate professor, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, presaged the field of epigenetics [mechanism by which nurture controls nature], lecturer, author, source unknown
- What light is to the outer physical world, intellect is to the inner world of consciousness. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) German philosopher, faculty member, author, R. J. Hollingdale, translator, Essays and Aphorisms, Penguin, S. 109, 1970, paperback edition 26. August 1976
- The apparent solidity of the world is a delusion of the senses. Everything is made up of infinite, intelligent light. Frederick Philip Lenz, III, Ph.D. [Rama] (1950-1998) US American Buddhist spiritual teacher, source unknown
- In the early 1980s, thanks to the development of a sophisticated measurement device, a team of scientists demonstrated that the cells of all living beings emit photons at a rate of up to approximately 100 units per second and per square centimeter of surface area. They also showed that DNA was the source of this photon emission. Jeremy Narby (*1959) Swiss-Canadian anthropologist, author, cited in: Mishaal Mahfuz El Bey, Isonomi. The Great Masonic Secret: Master Keys, S. 235, Califa Media, Lafayette, Indiana, 2018
- The correlation of consciousness with masculinity culminates in the development of science, as an attempt by the masculine spirit to emancipate itself from the power of the unconscious. [...] We call this path "ascent" because we experience consciousness and the world of light as being "above" us and unconscious and darkness "below" still under the spell of the primitive symbolism which associates the upright posture of the human figure with the development of the head and the rest of the "higher" centers of consciousness. Erich Neumann (1905-1960) German psychologist, psychoanalyst, writer, Evolution of Consciousness. The Origins of the Way We Think, Simon & Schuster, 1. November 1992
- The monuments prove that, quite early in the Dynastic Period, there was known and worshipped in Lower Egypt another form of the Sun-god who was called RA. Of his origin and early history nothing is known, and the meaning of his name has not yet been satisfactorily explained. It does not seem to be Egyptian. E. A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934) British egyptologist, orientalist, philologist, British Museum, author on the ancient Near East, Tutankhamen. Amenism, Atenism and Egyptian Monotheism/with Hieroglyphic Texts of Hymns to Amen and Aten, Dover Publications, 8. January 1992
| Reference: en.Wikiquote entry ► Light|
Englische Texte – English section on Light
One candle lighting another
I asked God for water, he gave me an ocean.
I asked God for a flower, he gave me a garden.
I asked God for a tree, he gave me a forest.
I asked God for a friend, he gave me YOU.
There is not enough darkness in the world
to put out the light of one candle.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
Links zum Thema Licht und Leuchten / Light
- Walter Russell (1871-1963) US-amerikanisches Universalgenie, Kosmologe, Naturphilosoph, Mystiker, Architekt, Maler, Bildhauer, Autor, übersetzt und verlegt von Dagmar Neubronner, Geheimnis des Lichtes. Das universale Partnerprinzip – Im Anfang war die Liebe, Genius Verlag, 1. Auflage April 2002
- Walter Russell (1871-1963) US American polymath, natural philosopher, mystic, architect, painter, sculptor, builder, author (unified theory in physics and cosmogony), The Secret of Light, University of Science and Philosophy, 3rd edition 1994
Free e-book: The Secret of Light, presented by Community Books
External web links (engl.)
100,000 Americans will become legally blind due to blue-light damage over the next decade.
Audio- und Videolinks
Audio and video links (engl.)